• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal emancipation/divorce from parent from a NON-minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jestie

What is the name of your state? TX

hello,
i am not a minor. i am actually 30yrs, married, 2 small babies, and financially independent from my mother.

i am wondering if there is a legal procedure or a possible way of legally "divorcing" my parent. i know minors can do it in emancipation(in texas it is called something else but basically similar)

i am clearly not a minor, but is there a way of divorcing so that you can be free of any obligations. i.e. grandparent rights/financial obligations/or just symobilic ties.

my mother and i have hd a difficult relationship that i have tried to mend and get over, but there is nothing coming back from her side. as a matter of fact, she is less than a grandparent, mother or friend. i have come to find out that she has been guilty of stealing from me although legally i would have no hard proof.

is there a way of severing ties with her/ her name/ and anthing else that legally ties me to her?

thanks.
jessica

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">