• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seatbelt & poss. of marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dkidd

What is the name of your state? MISSISSIPPI
I WAS PULLED OVER, I WAS TOLD BY THE OFFICER, FOR NOT HAVING MY SEATBELT ON. AFTER CHECKING MY LICENSE, HE ASKED ME TO TAKE A BREATH TEST. AFTER I PASSED IT ( BECAUSE I WASN'T DRINKING ) HE TOLD ME HE WAS GOING TO PAT ME DOWN FOR HIS SAFETY. THE FIRST POCKET HE TOUCHED, HE FELT A QUARTER OUNCE OF MARIJUANA IN MY POCKET AND PULLED IT OUT. I WAS ARRESTED AND PUT IN JAIL. I HAVE LEARNED THAT IN MY STATE, NOT WEARING A SEATBELT IS A SECONDARY OFFENCE. SO, THE POSS. CHARGE AND ALL SHOULD BE THROWN OUT OF COURT, RIGHT? AND SHOULD I PURSUE A CIVIL LAWSUIT?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dkidd said:
What is the name of your state? MISSISSIPPI
I WAS PULLED OVER, I WAS TOLD BY THE OFFICER, FOR NOT HAVING MY SEATBELT ON. AFTER CHECKING MY LICENSE, HE ASKED ME TO TAKE A BREATH TEST. AFTER I PASSED IT ( BECAUSE I WASN'T DRINKING ) HE TOLD ME HE WAS GOING TO PAT ME DOWN FOR HIS SAFETY. THE FIRST POCKET HE TOUCHED, HE FELT A QUARTER OUNCE OF MARIJUANA IN MY POCKET AND PULLED IT OUT. I WAS ARRESTED AND PUT IN JAIL. I HAVE LEARNED THAT IN MY STATE, NOT WEARING A SEATBELT IS A SECONDARY OFFENCE. SO, THE POSS. CHARGE AND ALL SHOULD BE THROWN OUT OF COURT, RIGHT? AND SHOULD I PURSUE A CIVIL LAWSUIT?

Include your state, be civil, brief, and to the point, and use lower case letters.

n_and

i Have Learned That In My State, Not Wearing A Seatbelt Is A Secondary Offence. So, The Poss. Charge And All Should Be Thrown Out Of Court, Right? And Should I Pursue A Civil Lawsuit?
Lmao.

:D

calatty

Wrong. Secondary or not, the police are allowed to stop you for not wearing a seatbelt, and once they do, they are allowed to pat your down.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">