• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

manfred

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

manfred

Stop sign issue

What is the name of your state? PA
I was driving inside a Community College Campus and pulled over for not stopping at a stop sign. I did not see the sign. When I returned to the sign I noticed that there were several wooden signs all posted below the faded stop sign. Are you allowed to post other signs on the same pole as the stop sign? I feel I was distracted reading all the other signs and that was how I missed the stop. Is this allowable? Thank you.

Last edited:

CdwJava

Its an interesting offense, but probably won't suffice. Take a picture of the offending stop sign and see what the judge has to say. But unless the other signs are sufficiently distracting (due to size and color) I doubt they will be an issue. Though the campus should really prohibit the posting of other signs on traffic control devices.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">