• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bobby68toy

Minnesota here! Now my Ex is threating me of cutting off child support. If he gets deployed, National Guards. Court ordered support. Where will his money come from if he gets deployed to pay support? Or do I need to go back to court to get it taken care of? Plus what are the State Laws for adbandonment; what are the critera's for this?

VeronicaGia

bobby68toy said:
Minnesota here! Now my Ex is threating me of cutting off child support. If he gets deployed, National Guards. Court ordered support. Where will his money come from if he gets deployed to pay support? Or do I need to go back to court to get it taken care of? Plus what are the State Laws for adbandonment; what are the critera's for this?
??? If he gets deployed, he can certainly file for a child support modification based on a change in circumstances. If he doesn't file, he will owe you the current obligation.

Are you trying to say that if he gets deployed you are going to try to get the court to consider this abandonment?

nextwife

Many families of Guardsman must adapt to a decrease in their household income during deployment, if their private sector jobs pay more. He will be entitled to request a modification to adjust the CS to reflect the change in circumstance during the deployment. His CS would not stop altogether (except for the portion being garnished from a private sector job), only adjust to the appropriate level for the employment income level. Spouses of deployed Guardsman have the same problem, their income drops during deployment.

B

bobby68toy

No way was I going to look for abandonment charges. I just wanted to know the laws for it. That's a whole different issues, I was asking about. Does not pertain to this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">