• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling replica/overseas merchandise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WARICE7

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

1. Can you sell replica/authentic designer handbags (e.g. LV, Gucci, etc) that you purchased from an overseas or domestic wholesaler in your own retail store?
2. If you purchase Polo shirts (for example) or any other designer clothing from a wholesale vendor overseas or in the US, can you sell them in your own retail store?
3. What are the requirements for selling brand named clothing in a retail establishment?

JETX

"1. Can you sell replica/authentic designer handbags (e.g. LV, Gucci, etc) that you purchased from an overseas or domestic wholesaler in your own retail store?"
*** Yes. But you have to remove ALL labels or indications that it is 'authentic'.

"2. If you purchase Polo shirts (for example) or any other designer clothing from a wholesale vendor overseas or in the US, can you sell them in your own retail store?"
*** Again, yes. As long as they are NOT counterfeit and you don't claim them to be authorized or authentic 'branded' merchandise.

"3. What are the requirements for selling brand named clothing in a retail establishment?"
*** Purchase, then sell.

W

WARICE7

Remove tags and labels

Thanks for the infor.

If the bags are louis vutton they will have LV symbols all over the bag. That also goes for other bags. As for the clothing the polo horse will be on the shirt. this again will be the case for other peices of clothing and shoes. What do I do then? Could I sell them as long as I provide a disclaimer? Aslo, there are wholesalers who claim their merchandise is authentic. How do I check to see if the merchandise is authentic?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

WARICE7 said:
Thanks for the infor.

If the bags are louis vutton they will have LV symbols all over the bag. That also goes for other bags. As for the clothing the polo horse will be on the shirt. this again will be the case for other peices of clothing and shoes. What do I do then? Could I sell them as long as I provide a disclaimer? Aslo, there are wholesalers who claim their merchandise is authentic. How do I check to see if the merchandise is authentic?

My response:

Absolutely. A disclaimer will always get you off the hook - - until the Bunko Squad comes to your store, take your merchandise due to trademark infringement, shuts you down, and hauls your buns off to jail, awaiting trial.

But, sure. You can sell whatever you want. It only counts until you're caught.

Got time to spend in prison? Got lots of money for fines, and attorney's fees?

I wonder if the Feds are using handcuffs with the Louis Vutton and LV symbols?

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">