• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother owes Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kaotikdodge

What is the name of your state? VA

I am the father of a four year old and I have full physical custody, my ex wife has supervised visitation every other weekend and has been ordered to pay $350.00 a month in child support. She has not paid a dime since she was ordered in 2002. Every time I call DCSE to try and take her to court or file a complaint they blow me off or tell me she is on TANF so they can't do anything. her back child support is accumalating but as long as she is on TANF she does not have to pay. This has been going on for almost two years. I thought TANF stood for TEMPORARY Aide for Needy Families. How has she gotten away without paying a dime in two years? I know if the rolls were reversed I would have no excuses and probably be put in jail by now.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kaotikdodge said:
What is the name of your state? VA

I am the father of a four year old and I have full physical custody, my ex wife has supervised visitation every other weekend and has been ordered to pay $350.00 a month in child support. She has not paid a dime since she was ordered in 2002. Every time I call DCSE to try and take her to court or file a complaint they blow me off or tell me she is on TANF so they can't do anything. her back child support is accumalating but as long as she is on TANF she does not have to pay. This has been going on for almost two years. I thought TANF stood for TEMPORARY Aide for Needy Families. How has she gotten away without paying a dime in two years? I know if the rolls were reversed I would have no excuses and probably be put in jail by now.

My response:

TANF does not mean she gets a free ride. She has just as much obligation to support her child as you do.

Stop depending on Public Agencies to do your work! They're overloaded and understaffed. Besides, with their limited resources, Public Agencies usually concentrate on those cases where they can get immediate funds for the children. They don't have the funds to go through protracted trials.

Take the bull by the horns, yourself! File your own "Order to Show Cause Re: Contempt of Court" and have her brought before the judge so she can explain herself, and then be thrown in jail.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">