• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disobeying Sign in NY but a resident of VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akhans_1

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Hey all, I am a resident of VA but I was in New York on a trip. I went to a bridge in NY City and when I went to the tolls there were no clear signs, I ended up going to a toll that only accepted smart tags. The cash only tolls (which there were only two of) were all the way on the right hand side, basically hidden unless you go over that bridge all the time. Out of the 10 lanes 8 were smart tag lanes. So I end up in the smart tag lane, and the lanes have gates on them. Which is weird, why would you have gates on smart tag lanes?? If someone didn't have smart tag or pay a toll you should have a camera to take a picture to issue the ticket. But they had gates on these smart tag lanes, So i get pulled over by the officer like a few other people we wait for about 30 minutes before the office is done issuing me a ticket for not following the sign. No point in arguing, (as if he gave me the opportunity), not only did the office take the toll money, he issued me a ticket and did not give a receipt.

So I was never able to make it to court to dispute or pay the ticket. My driving privelages in NY have been revoked. My question is what can they do to my driving privelages in VA??

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">