• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

third DWLS in florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gsweetsue

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

i recently recieved a 3rd DWLS while borrowing a friends car to get items to begin a carrer i graduated college for. no alcohol involved, as i voluntarily entered a 7 month outpatient program last year and graduated, and realized i was self medicating myself from a previous kidnapping and sexual assult by 2 strangers.
i hadnt been driving for over 18 months when i was pulled over(tag was run, no infraction)(from a dui in june of 2001) and was looking to get my BPO in 28 days. i know, foolish choice and i know im risking a bashing from most of you. but if there is one of you who can tell me if fl commonly gives jail time for this offense and if so how long (and i know some of you will say hopefully forever). i am 43, a daughter going to college in 2 months and a son going into the 10th grade, and i need to prepare them . i chose not to get an attorney but to plead guilty, my ticket charges me with a second degree misdemeanor, will the judge change the charge to a felony or will the charge stand as its written. I do not have a history of offenses other than these(bad enough though). thank you

S

Sambo83

It sucks that you need a license to drive a car. I suggest that you go on the lamb. Perhaps leave the country. Go to Canada or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

lwpat

Or you can go join Sambo in Ignoramusville.

I don't think that there is a Fla. attorney that follows this board. Yes, at 43 with two grown children you should know better. If you can't afford an attorney see if there is any type of legal aid available in your area. I strongly recommend that you at least consult with an attorney.

He will know how to best present your situation to the judge. It looks like you are trying to go in the right direction but still make some bad choices. Next time call a taxi.

gsweetsue

thank you pat, as far as the taxi, ive been taking them for many many months and got to job by bike, taxi, family or friend. yes, bad error on my part and yes i knew i was taking a risk. thank you for the advice.

HomeGuru

Sambo83 said:
It sucks that you need a license to drive a car. I suggest that you go on the lamb. Perhaps leave the country. Go to Canada or something.

**A: hahahaha, go on the lamb. A lamb is an animal. Oh well, more crap from Lambo83 an idiot in sheeps clothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">