• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annual Bonus withheld

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mdrinne

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I never thought I would be the victim of something like this, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

My company just passed out annual bonuses and we were told to check our direct deposit or anticipate a check. I've checked my direct deposit and nothing. Checks were sent FEdEx to arrive yesterday and nothing arrived.

I have just spent the past year with a new Regional Manager, who in essence wrote me up for following the management directive of my visual manager. To be specific:

We were told to place a certain number of goods on a display table, but I received 4 times as many goods as the table would allow. Knowing this was not my company's directive, yet also knowing that putting product in a stockroom would hurt business, I contacted my visual manager, as instructed to do when faced with a merchandising delimma. That individual instructed me to leave the tables as they were, and that she (my visual mgr) and he (my regional) would help me sort it out when they came in the following week.

When they came into town the following week, my Regional wrote me up for having the product on display. I asked him if he did not realize I was following the direction of my visual manager, and he said he did. On my write-up, I mentioned this specifically in stateing my disagreement to his action. I asked for, and never received, a copy of this write-up.

I am now under the impression that my former Regional has given me a failed review based on this one incident. My business has been superb and I beat Plan for both areas of responsibiltiy for the year.

I am so furious over this, that for the first time in my life, I am actually willing to go thru legal action to correct this unprofessional behavior on the part of my regional.

Again, I want to point out I have recieved awards for this company, including for the year in question, and that my businesses were profitable. I have never received a write-up in my 24 year career and have absolutely no marks against me whatsoever in that regard, with the exception of this lone write-up and assumed failed review.

Can they get away with this? Please advise what my options are.

Thanks

Beth3

My company just passed out annual bonuses and we were told to check our direct deposit or anticipate a check. I've checked my direct deposit and nothing. Checks were sent FEdEx to arrive yesterday and nothing arrived.And what did your manager say when you contacted him/her to ask whether your bonus check was on the way?

Nothing you've written above suggests your employer has acted unlawfully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">