• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timeshare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tuffy50

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? ca

Is there a statute of limitations on collecting money owed on a timeshare that was awarded to one spouse in a divorce judgment (dissolution of marriage), but where the collection agency (and attorney) are seeking money from the other spouse because the first spouse cannot be located? My name was inadvertantly not taken off the deed/contract and the attorney claims I owe the money. It has been over eleven years since the divorce was final. Can they legally collect after so much time has elapsed? I haven't used the timeshare since the divorce.

HomeGuru

tuffy50 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? ca

Is there a statute of limitations on collecting money owed on a timeshare that was awarded to one spouse in a divorce judgment (dissolution of marriage), but where the collection agency (and attorney) are seeking money from the other spouse because the first spouse cannot be located? My name was inadvertantly not taken off the deed/contract and the attorney claims I owe the money. It has been over eleven years since the divorce was final. Can they legally collect after so much time has elapsed? I haven't used the timeshare since the divorce.

**A: yours is not a real estate question. Please post in the proper forum like Credit and Collections.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">