• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex using fake ss#

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

teresa3200

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
My daughters father is very far behind on child support. I recently found out, as he used me for a reference to get a vehicle, that he has faked a social security number.
Im not sure what to do about it, I contacted child support and told them the ss# he is using and they said they cant do anything because they can only check his real ss#. If hes not using that then they wont check the fake one. They said that each person has thier own ss# and that they cant and wont check the fake one to see if he is using it.
He used the fake # to buy a vehicle and a home to rent, they are also looking for him, as he hasnt made payments in months. Im not sure if they have reported him to the authorities for falsifying his ss#.
I really believe he left this state and went to his family in New Jersey.
Im not sure what my next step should be, or if I should just give up.

is he using an alias as well or just fake ss#?
do you know the address of his home he bought?
do you know his phone number?
do you his license plate number?

you can do a background check with just his name and his address. even just his name. altougth a social security number, name,address, and phone number can find a lot. he is bound to leave a paper trail. i don't think you will be able to find his ss#, however you will probably be able to find out his current address.

i would recommend this site for background check. call them and explain your problem and who you are looking for. they people can probably fish out a few possible people in NJ.

http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/index.jsp

T

teresa3200

He is using his real name.
I know the ss# he is using, I know the address and phone number where he is staying. I recently found out through his creditor who finally caught him.
Child support did send a letter to him at that address and it was sent back saying he wasnt at that address.
I called child support and told them that I knew for a fact he was there and asked them to send a deputy there to hand deliver the papers to him.
Now that he knows he was found though he will probably run again.
His creditor told me that he wasnt using his real or fake ss# for work or anywhere else they could check. Its possible he is using another number now to avoid being caught.
Thank you for your help. I will check out the site you gave me to see if I can find out anything else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">