• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company collecting for me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? California

Has anyone ever heard of a company called Supportkids? I found them on line and they offer the service of collecting child support from a "deadbeat dad". They will charge $375 for the "set up of the file" and keep 34% of all monies collected. If no money is collected, they make no money. I do have a court order for child support, $200 per month, and “dad” is behind about $15,000 at this time. My local Child Support Enforcement agency is unable to locate the dad; however, I don’t believe they are really trying either.

Before I sign on with this company I was wondering if anyone has heard of such a thing or know where I can go to check on how legitimate this company is.

Thanks.

Shay-Pari'e

Jenni_Pooh2 said:

Has anyone ever heard of a company called Supportkids? I found them on line and they offer the service of collecting child support from a "deadbeat dad". They will charge $375 for the "set up of the file" and keep 34% of all monies collected. If no money is collected, they make no money. I do have a court order for child support, $200 per month, and “dad” is behind about $15,000 at this time. My local Child Support Enforcement agency is unable to locate the dad; however, I don’t believe they are really trying either.

Before I sign on with this company I was wondering if anyone has heard of such a thing or know where I can go to check on how legitimate this company is.

Thanks.

This company is not legal and it will be a huge mistake on your part.

tigger22472

--PARIDISE-- said:
This company is not legal and it will be a huge mistake on your part.

Although I can't say that I know if they are legal or not I do agree it would be a huge mistake. I checked into them a few years ago and the idea of using them is just stupid actually. They can't do any more then you can OR CSE and why should you pay someone money that is owed to you?

VeronicaGia

Jenni_Pooh2 said:

Thanks.
"If no money is collected, they make no money." Not true. They make the $375 you pay them to set up the file. Also, since your order is $200/month, if they collect, you will only get $132/month. I wouldn't waste my time.

A

adrienne37

Trust me on this one....do not get involved with these people. I am one of the stupid ones that have gotten involved with them and I am so regretting it right now. I was very impressed at the beginning. My ex was $13,000 behind and they reached a settlement agreement with him less than 2 months after I retained their services. Well he made the initial $5000 which was part of the agreement with the first $400 (back support) due on the 15th of the month and the second one (current support) due on the 18th. The $5000 was a bank transfer and they received the money on 5/28. It is now 6/17, and I have yet to receive my money from them. They were quick to grab the $375 the next day, but everytime I have called and asked them what was going on, I am informed that he has not returned his notarized settlement agreement to them and they cannot release my money because that is their protocol "not to release money until all necessary documents are received." I have made so many phone calls there and left message after message after message, yet they never return my calls. I have followed up with a lengthy e-mail where I documented everything from the conversations I had with the "client line", that wasn't answered. I am at my wits end with these people. He has failed to make his first payment for $400 yet and has yet to send in what they refer to as his documents. I was finally told on the 15th that they were going to release my money that they already have yet it is almost Friday and it hasn't been sent yet. My advice is to stay clear. Do not make the same foolish mistake that I made. I felt like it was an excellent option because it meant that I didn't have to deal with him. Now, I am finding that I am absolutely no better off than I was before (except knowing that they are holding $5000 of my money that I can't have for some stupid reason). I am very angry and really feel that I have been the victim of a scam.

Anyway, just my opinion. I have heard other people say they were fully satisfied with their service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">