• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passing a Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hopes Voice

What is the name of your state? CA

I was wondering if anyone knows how to start to pass a law or change county policy? I have an issue with the way Animal shelters deal with certain breeds of animals. Thanks for any help you can give.

divgradcurl

Start by contacting you local representatives with your proposal. Once you've given them the proposal, have your friends and neighbors contact the representatives to support the new proposal, and see where it goes from there.

BelizeBreeze

I was wondering if anyone knows how to start to pass a law or change county policy?
I have to disagree with Div on this one. What HE is suggesting would work if you wanted statewide coverage under the proposed law. However, since you are talking about county policy (you did not specify county ordinance) then you need to address your issues in the correct forum.

The first thing you need to do is come back her and explain specifically what the issue is?

Then, from where the shelter gets financing, the breakdown and the agencies involved. Not all shelters are state-county run facilities.

Then you need to come back and stipulate as to the exact 'POLICY' that you have issue with.

nextwife

Just a wild guess. Does your shelter have a policy of not putting certain dog breeds and mixes of those breeds (those commonly associated with dog fighting) out for adoption?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">