• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeremy77

What is the name of your state
i recently got a divorce and in this divorce my wife was awarded the home.
when i tried to get the home out of my name the creditor refused. now my ex wife says she cant pay for the home and the creditor is getting ready to forclose on it. which means if i dont figure out somthing quick this is gonna hit me hard. is there anyhing i can do. :eek:

annefan

jeremy77 said:
What is the name of your state
i recently got a divorce and in this divorce my wife was awarded the home.
when i tried to get the home out of my name the creditor refused. now my ex wife says she cant pay for the home and the creditor is getting ready to forclose on it. which means if i dont figure out somthing quick this is gonna hit me hard. is there anyhing i can do. :eek:

Sell the property. The creditor refused removing your name because it is not that simple. Your ex-wife has to either refinance the loan (apparently she can't do this on her own) or attempt to sell the property before foreclosure happens.

VeronicaGia

Your other option is to make the payments and take her back to court and ask a judge to either force the sale of the home or force her to move out. You will, of course, ask the judge that you be awarded the money you paid out for stopping the foreclosure plus your attorney's fees.

T

truly

What state?

How did either "senior" poster reply if there is no state listed in the op? :confused:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
truly said:
How did either "senior" poster reply if there is no state listed in the op? :confused:
This is one of those "universal" questions. A creditor is not required to take someone off the note. Of course, it's also one of those questions that's been asked and answered 50 gazillion times on this site. If anyone cared to do a SEARCH!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">