• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deported spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MadameLince

Only ppl who have experience in Divorce PLEASE

What is the name of your state?MI

:confused: I married my husband when I was 17, it was a hurried marraige and a forced marraige as my husband did NOT want to leave the states and was afraid of being deported due to his visa expiring. We ended up being married for a yr and living together, he lived here ilegally and worked and EVEN received income tax refunds!!! After being married to him for a year and a half I could not stand it any longer he had become possessive and extremely clingy. We separated and have been since his deportation in January of this year.

I want it to end, and I do not know WHERE to start. I don't even know if I should get a divorce or if I could get an anullment or WHAT. He cannot come back to the US for at least 10 years and I have had no contact with him whatsoever. His things have been sent back and he is completely in England now (yes he is an English citizen).

Please help me, this has been the BIGGEST mistake and the biggest nightmare in my life.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

MadameLince said:
What is the name of your state?MI

:confused: I married my husband when I was 17, it was a hurried marraige and a forced marraige as my husband did NOT want to leave the states and was afraid of being deported due to his visa expiring. We ended up being married for a yr and living together, he lived here ilegally and worked and EVEN received income tax refunds!!! After being married to him for a year and a half I could not stand it any longer he had become possessive and extremely clingy. We separated and have been since his deportation in January of this year.

I want it to end, and I do not know WHERE to start. I don't even know if I should get a divorce or if I could get an anullment or WHAT. He cannot come back to the US for at least 10 years and I have had no contact with him whatsoever. His things have been sent back and he is completely in England now (yes he is an English citizen).

Please help me, this has been the BIGGEST mistake and the biggest nightmare in my life.
**A: why worry. You got rid of him for at least 10 years.

M

MadameLince

:eek: Because I never wanted the marraige in the first place, like I said it was forced and hurried when I was 17. I am 20 now, I want my life back and I do not want to date/get married when I'm STILL married. Make sense?

HomeGuru

MadameLince said:
:eek: Because I never wanted the marraige in the first place, like I said it was forced and hurried when I was 17. I am 20 now, I want my life back and I do not want to date/get married when I'm STILL married. Make sense?
**A: ok, then go and see a family law attorney that specializes in alien divorce.

Last edited:
M

MadameLince

HomeGuru I appreciate you and your help, but why am I going to go and pay someone money to do something that I am unsure of doing in the first place? I thought that this was the whole reason for having a website such as this, to give ordinary people advice on legal situations so that they can better understand the steps in which to take. You aren't even an attny in the field of what my questions are about so how can you possibly comment and correctly evaluate what my situation is when you don't even understand it yourself?

M

MadameLince

So no one can tell me anything else other than go and see someone about your situation? Wouldn't it be kind of silly to have a court hearing hire a lawyer and pay ALL of this money to divorce someone who is DEPORTED not allowed back into the country had no REAL legal standing other than the fact that he was married to a US citizen. That is why I thought I could get some sort of answer from someone here all I've gotten really were some smart ass remarks and then to be directed to just go and pay someone money that I don't have which is why I came here in the first place but I guess you really can't get anything of Quality for free

M

MadameLince

By the way, I was merely asking about the different forms of ending a marraige because like I said, I am unsure of what to do in MY case and of what options are available to me as I can see from looking at the other threads, my case seems quite rare.

M

MadameLince

I'm sorry I don't possess a degree in being an *******. Like I asked in the first thread people who actually have EXPERIENCE in Divorce please reply. And for the record I doubt I'm any more of an idiot than a person who claims to be a representative of the law but yet acts extremely unprofessional when he butts his nose into a matter that he has no experience in. Your comments mean nothing to me other than the fact that you've reinstated what I was only faced with in the beginning was to go to an office and see an attny but you cannot seem to get the anulment idea out of your head I only threw that out as a suggestion. This is a forum for free advice on legal issues and wouldn't it make sense for someone who KNOWS about the aspects of divorce to Comment on postings instead of surfing threads and making comments just to get a kick out of seeing what someone says back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">