• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification of child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jt123mim

What is the name of your state?California
I am acting as pro per in my case because of the expense of my previous attorney. The situation is this. I went to court last February for a modification of child support. The attorneys representing myself and my ex calculated the child support based on my ex's bonus pay using a dissomaster. They came up with 21% over a certain amount. Well it turns out that they were both wrong and it should have been 15% even thoughthe court already ruled on it. His attorney wants this corrected at our next court date in July.I got advice from a court facilitator and he told me that it was too late to be corrected because his attorney should have acted faster because of the allowed statute. The facilitator wrote a response on my behalf to my ex husbands attorney and it stated just that. His attorney responded that I was taking advantage of a mistake created by my attorney and his belief that the dissomaster was correct. I dont know if I should push this or just go with the courts guidelines.

nextwife

Let me ask you this. If a mathmatical error had been a full 6% LESS than you were entitled to, would you believe it should stand or be corrected?

jt123mim

Not sure

Well if it were less , I would push for what was entitled. Though it is over guideline and I am not sure if I should push for the order that was determined previously and if the judge would even entertain the order that was incorrect eventhough agreed upon by both of the attorneys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">