• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Deed for Purchased Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mudog

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WV
I have been at my current address for about 14 years. When I bought the property it was written in the contract about an additional parcel of land that was purchased. The property was purchased back in the early 70's. However the purchaser never received a deed for the property. Over the years the property has been maintained by the occupants of this address. Two years ago a group of family members bought the property that this parcel was once a part of. One of the family members built a house there shortly thereafter. There had been no dispute over the property until I placed an out building on the piece of property.

I have all of the photo copies that show the payments made by the purchaser over a couple of years span. Each one signed and cashed by the seller.

Do I have any legal rights to the property since it was paid for by the previous owners of my house even though I have no deed?

Thank you for your time

HomeGuru

mudog said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WV
I have been at my current address for about 14 years. When I bought the property it was written in the contract about an additional parcel of land that was purchased. The property was purchased back in the early 70's. However the purchaser never received a deed for the property. Over the years the property has been maintained by the occupants of this address. Two years ago a group of family members bought the property that this parcel was once a part of. One of the family members built a house there shortly thereafter. There had been no dispute over the property until I placed an out building on the piece of property.

I have all of the photo copies that show the payments made by the purchaser over a couple of years span. Each one signed and cashed by the seller.

Do I have any legal rights to the property since it was paid for by the previous owners of my house even though I have no deed?

Thank you for your time
**A: no deed, no property.

M

mudog

Is it really that cut and dry?
If so I will accept that.
But I do not want to give up if there is a chance.
Thanks for the reply.

HomeGuru

mudog said:
Is it really that cut and dry?
If so I will accept that.
But I do not want to give up if there is a chance.
Thanks for the reply.
**A: then hire a real estate attorney to file a claim of equity ownership.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">