• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can you divorce your teenage child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cynikalone

What is the name of your state? California

bascially, i want to give up my parental rights as a mother to my 15 yr old daughter. can it be done? if so, how?

her father is not an option since he has never been in her life.

CdwJava

If you contact your local Family Court, they can provide you with information regarding terminating your parental rights. However, this is not a task they do lightly and in doing so you would lose ANY and ALL rights to anything related with the child.

I'm not sure how this would be done, and in this day and age I can almost see you being tapped to pay for the process. And unless this child is a horrible threat to you, my guess is that it may not be permitted to happen.

But, call the Family Court and see if they can provide you with some information.

Carl

C

cynikalone

thank you for your response. i kind of figure it would be a hard process.

C

cynikalone

we were posting at the same time so i didn't see your post until after i posted that. sure i'll read it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen - - It's time, once again, for our favorite Soap Opera, "Castenets Time In Brazil"!!

This is really very simple.

You tell her that in 1 month, you're both going on a "daughter/mother vacation" to Brazil. How fun! You tell her that you're both going to take in the sights and local culture - - for a change of atmosphere and to get her mind off things for a couple of weeks. That's the story you tell her.

Then, you take yourself and her to get your pictures taken for your Passports.

Then, after you get your Passports, you buy two tickets to Brazil - - a round trip ticket for you, and a one-way ticket for her (starting to get the picture?).

You both fly to Brazil.

You get into a cab from the airport and go to the hotel where you've previously made room arrangements.

You get to the hotel and get to your rooms, but do not unpack your bags!

After getting her settled into her room, you take her Passport without letting her see you. You then tell her you're going to the gift shop for a magazine.

However, the reality is that you're going to the front desk with an envelope. In the envelope is two hundred dollars in Brazilian money, and your note to her - -

"Dear Sweety Pie: So, you think you're old enough to dislike me and to give me continual trouble? Then you're old enough to take care of yourself. I hope you like your new home and country. New languages are fun to learn, aren't they? Here's $200.00 to get you started in life. Don't waste it. Love, Mom."

Have the hotel clerk deliver the envelope to her room.

Then, you turn on your heels, take your bags out of the hotel, hail a cab, and get back to the airport. Fly home.

Let Brazil take care of her.

IAAL

CdwJava

As a matter of trivia, would someone who employs the Brazil Method be capable of being charged for child neglect or abandonment in CA for leaving their child in a foreign country? It poses an interesting legal question of where the crime would have occurred! Here - due to the plannign and intent. Or there - due to the actual abandonment.

Hmm ....

Carl

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CdwJava said:
As a matter of trivia, would someone who employs the Brazil Method be capable of being charged for child neglect or abandonment in CA for leaving their child in a foreign country? It poses an interesting legal question of where the crime would have occurred! Here - due to the plannign and intent. Or there - due to the actual abandonment.

Hmm ....

Carl

My response:

Who's gonna know, find out, or care? As far as anyone knows, she's staying with grandma in another State, and can't be contacted.

Remember, the kid is a recalcitrant pain in the ass. And Brazil is far enough away that, with $200.00, she won't be getting back into the States any time soon - - especially without a Passport!

IAAL

Last edited:
M

marisunshine

what if....

hey IAAL
what if she took your advice and did it?? then got in major trouble and says that you told her to do it. What then? i want to hear the end.

there was a doctor in town here that was asked a question of by one of his patients on how much medication would she have to take to have it kill her and he didnt think twice and just blurted out an answer and she went and commited suicide, then he was sued. anyway.. just a thought to consider.

Mari :p

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

marisunshine said:
hey IAAL
what if she took your advice and did it?? then got in major trouble and says that you told her to do it. What then? i want to hear the end.

there was a doctor in town here that was asked a question of by one of his patients on how much medication would she have to take to have it kill her and he didnt think twice and just blurted out an answer and she went and commited suicide, then he was sued. anyway.. just a thought to consider.

My response:

Catch me, first!

Don't you just love the anonymity of the Internet?

IAAL

Shay-Pari'e

marisunshine said:
hey IAAL

Mari, I have not been around long on this site, but have read this response from IAAL before. It is a comment made in fun and hopefully puts a smile on the posters face.

Of course he is not serious, and any person with a brain can see that. If the poster actually did that, how do you figure a internet personality will be held liable for those actions? He certainly does not have her in his office, he is joking, not representing her. This is the internet. People come and go on here. This site is a business. Many (And I mean Many), are here for their own personal reasons.

I get bashed, Do I care? Absolutely not. I do care about offering my assistance, unlike you.

This is one huge learning experience Mari.

He is JOKING. (I think)

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Damn!

You figured it out. If I had my tongue in my cheek any deeper, I would have punched a hole in it.

Now, here's something for all of you detectives to consider . . .

There are novel writers who continually give "prescriptions" for all sorts of mayhem in their books. Are they held liable for their writings?

IAAL

M

marisunshine

It must be my left side that is missing

need help finding......
oh did i give the impression that i thought he was serious??? and if i did that means i am missing half my brain??? a huge indication that he was possibly not serious was IAAL's title of his story. i was pokin fun at IAAL's advice, paridise i have been reading his posts for two years i know that many of his posts are smart aleky (no offense IAAl). :D Thanks paridise for your interpreting for me, but no thanks it isn't necessary.
PS IAAL
anonymity doesn't truly exist on the internet, your isp would sell you out in a minute.
just a thought...

mari :p

M

marisunshine

Edits

ok paridise edited his post and changed what he said so ignore my post. lol
Isn't that cheating paridise?

Shay-Pari'e

marisunshine said:
ok paridise edited his post and changed what he said so ignore my post. lol
Isn't that cheating paridise?

--PARIDISE-- edited "HER" post. You are taking issue with a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">