• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 and date a 15 yr. old?? plz help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

foxxylilthing

What is the name of your state? Oregon
Im a 17yr. old girl, dating a 15 yr. old boy, i turn 18 in july (next month) im worried about the whole "dating a minor" thing, so id like to know what the oregon law has to say about it. ive been trying to look it up and i cant find anything on it, but i have heard that there is a 3 year leway, that you can date someone 3yr.s younger then you when your 18? is that true? plz help me to find out what it says...i dont want to go to jail! oregon girl

BelizeBreeze

Oregon Revised Statutes (2003)
Chapter 163 — Offenses Against Persons

163.355 Rape in the third degree. (1) A person commits the crime of rape in the third degree if the person has sexual intercourse with another person under 16 years of age.

(2) Rape in the third degree is a Class C felony. [1971 c.743 §109; 1991 c.628 §1]

163.385 Sodomy in the third degree. (1) A person commits the crime of sodomy in the third degree if the person engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person under 16 years of age or causes that person to engage in deviate sexual intercourse.

(2) Sodomy in the third degree is a Class C felony. [1971 c.743 §112]

163.415 Sexual abuse in the third degree. (1) A person commits the crime of sexual abuse in the third degree if the person subjects another person to sexual contact and:

(a) The victim does not consent to the sexual contact; or

(b) The victim is incapable of consent by reason of being under 18 years of age.

(2) Sexual abuse in the third degree is a Class A misdemeanor. [1971 c.743 §115; 1979 c.489 §1; 1991 c.830 §1; 1995 c.657 §11; 1995 c.671 §9]

163.435 Contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor. (1) A person 18 years of age or older commits the crime of contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor if:

(a) Being a male, he engages in sexual intercourse with a female under 18 years of age; or

(b) Being a female, she engages in sexual intercourse with a male under 18 years of age; or

(c) The person engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person under 18 years of age or causes that person to engage in deviate sexual intercourse.

(2) Contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor is a Class A misdemeanor. [1971 c.743 §117]

I think that should be enough to get you thinking.

F

foxxylilthing

thanks

Thanks for that, that helps a lot, but i still dont get so if your not having sex does that mean we can still date? were not having sex and dont plan on it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You can date if his parents allow it; if they don't - you can't. Be aware that "sexual contact" can mean anything more than holding hands.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">