• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

8 Years of Tree Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tree-Lady Hater

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MO
Over the past 8 years, we have filed 6 insurance claims on our house, due to the neighbor's trees. Recently, we received notification that our policy was being cancelled due to excessive claims. The stupid tree-lady next door has (had) 3 trees in the back yard that line the property line, and 1 tree in the front. We have spent close to $1000 over the past years trimming her stupid trees to our property line. However, the damage always occurs when the wind is blowing, breaking large branches on her side, and knocking them into our house and cars. This past weekend, during heavy winds, an entire tree in her backyard fell into our yard, breaking our fence, pulling the power line down from the pole, and knocking out our electricity. I know my insurance must again pay for the fence and spoiled food. (Thank God they gave me a 30-day cancellation notice.) However, isn't she responsible for paying to remove the tree from my yard? I paid somebody $100 to get rid of it, and would like to be reimbursed. I'm tired of paying all the deductibles for repairs, when she doesn't do anything to prevent the damage, or even apologize. I might add that the last tree guy that was here to do some trimming stated that all 4 trees were either rotted all the way through, or just plain hollow. What can I do to get my $100 back, and have this negligent homeowner cut her trees down before further damage occurs, or someone in my home gets killed? These are very old, extremely large, maple trees. Help!!!!!

HomeGuru

Tree-Lady Hater said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? MO
Over the past 8 years, we have filed 6 insurance claims on our house, due to the neighbor's trees. Recently, we received notification that our policy was being cancelled due to excessive claims. The stupid tree-lady next door has (had) 3 trees in the back yard that line the property line, and 1 tree in the front. We have spent close to $1000 over the past years trimming her stupid trees to our property line. However, the damage always occurs when the wind is blowing, breaking large branches on her side, and knocking them into our house and cars. This past weekend, during heavy winds, an entire tree in her backyard fell into our yard, breaking our fence, pulling the power line down from the pole, and knocking out our electricity. I know my insurance must again pay for the fence and spoiled food. (Thank God they gave me a 30-day cancellation notice.) However, isn't she responsible for paying to remove the tree from my yard? I paid somebody $100 to get rid of it, and would like to be reimbursed. I'm tired of paying all the deductibles for repairs, when she doesn't do anything to prevent the damage, or even apologize. I might add that the last tree guy that was here to do some trimming stated that all 4 trees were either rotted all the way through, or just plain hollow. What can I do to get my $100 back, and have this negligent homeowner cut her trees down before further damage occurs, or someone in my home gets killed? These are very old, extremely large, maple trees. Help!!!!!
**A: stop wasting your time.

lilith53

re: trees causing damage

Check your state laws to see if you can file an injunction to have the trees removed. It sounds like there is ample proof that these trees are causing damage and can be considered to be a nusience and the neighbour is negligent. You can also ask that you be reimbursed for any costs resulting from the neighbours failure to maintain the trees. Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">