• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support changes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aaboys

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? New York State

I have legal custody of both my sons. I have two questions, if anyone could educate me. My ex-wife and I agreed in Family Court to share private school costs at 50% contribution from each parent. She now says she can no longer afford to pay her portion because she is having another baby. (1) Can she do this? It was her idea to place our boys in private school in the first place and she had always paid the tuition for both boys prior to our divorce and then we agreed to split the cost. She was ordered to pay child support in the amount of $158.00 weekly. As of the last two weeks she is only paying $50.00 weekly. She has issued me a "summons support" to modify her child support since she is on disability. This hearing is scheduled for 7/8/04. (2) How can she modify the child support payment before our court hearing? and shouldn't I have been informed of this modification?

Thank you all very much.

Last edited:

BL

It hasn't been modified yet. She is not sending you the entire amount ordered, she is in Contempt of court.

She can say all she wants to you , but the only one that can order a Change is the Judge.

If she's on Disability, then have the kids placed in Public Schools .

File an answering affidavit to to Petition.
Site she unilaterally changed the amount before seeking modification, and is therefore in Contempt of the Court's Orders.
State that it was her Idea to place the Children in Private school. State that If she no longer can pay her Court Ordered Share, than it would be unfair for you to bear the difference, and the children should be enrolled in public school.

Then go to Court and argue the same thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">