• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about an item I sell on ebay (Claw Gloves)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kwyant23

I make and sell claw gloves on ebay like the one Freddy Krueger wears. I profit appx $200.00 per week with this side business. What i'm wondering is if it would be possible for someone to sue me in the event they seriously injure themselves by using my product irresponsibly. The gloves I handcraft are like the real deal with copper pipe, sharp stainless steel knives, and the whole nine yards. I make it very clear in my auctions that this isn't a toy and the knives are very sharp. Only people 18 or older are allowed to sign up for ebay. I never thought I could be held liable because there are no hidden hazards with my product. My product is clearly a potential weapon. I'm asking this because a few people I know seem to think I could be held liable. If it's possible for me to get sued, i'd also like to know if there is any way I can prevent this while still selling my gloves. If anyone filed a lawsuit, would they have to file a lawsuit in my home state, or could they do it in their state and force me to travel there do defend myself? Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">