• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Combine court orders?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kristyna

What is the name of your state? WA

Two of my children have two seperate court orders for c/s from the same NCP.
It's been over three years since the last modification when they were lowered due to the NCP's enemployment.
When I recently attempted to have them modified as allowed by law after three years, I was told they wouldn't even consider them because the change isn't at least $100. That means c/s would have to increase from $25 each to $125 each. The change would have increased each by about $70.00 more if they had allowed it.

Is there a way I can combine the two orders and attempt to increase the support?

BL

When I recently attempted to have them modified as allowed by law after three years, I was told they wouldn't even consider them because the change isn't at least $100. [ quote ]

You were told by whom ?

File a Petition. If denied , file an objection .

VeronicaGia

Kristyna said:
What is the name of your state? WA

Two of my children have two seperate court orders for c/s from the same NCP.
It's been over three years since the last modification when they were lowered due to the NCP's enemployment.
When I recently attempted to have them modified as allowed by law after three years, I was told they wouldn't even consider them because the change isn't at least $100. That means c/s would have to increase from $25 each to $125 each. The change would have increased each by about $70.00 more if they had allowed it.

Is there a way I can combine the two orders and attempt to increase the support?
Go here: http://ocse3.acf.dhhs.gov/ext/irg/sps/selectastate.cfm

Click on WA, read it all especially Section K. Modification must go up at least $100.00.

Kristyna

Thank you, yes I know it must go up $100.
I was thinking if the orders were combined, the modification amount would be at least $100. Seperately, they don't quite make it. Am I screwy in my thinking?

VeronicaGia

Are you saying each order would have gone up by $70.00 or would both orders together have gone up $70.00 ($35.00 each order). Either way it doesn't sound like you'd have a case to file a mod. If only one order or the other would go up by $70.00, it's not enough.

As far as combining the orders, why not call CSE and see if it's possible?

Kristyna

I was told each one would be raised by $70, but I guess they need to be $100 each as well. I was told this by my case officer.
He also told me this afternoon that modifying them both would have put them on the same order. :rolleyes:
Thanks, Blonde L. That's a good idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">