• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Purplesky

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California
In my last 401K statement I noticed that under "employee contributions" the amount stated was $400 less than what I usually contribute per quarter. I reviewed all the statements since I opened the 401K account with my employer and discovered that almost all statement amounts were off. One was over by $100, but most were under. All in all, what I contributed since opening (I checked against my paycheck stubs) to this particular financial company was over than what they invested by $800.00. I'm going to find out tomorrow whether the financial co actually received the wrong amt from my employer, or if it's their mistake. In any case, even if my money is reimbursed in full, I lost investment growth oppotunities in the last 2 yrs. There might also be other people in my co who are in a similar situation. What should I do?

Beth3

The first thing you should do is speak with your employer - there may be a simple explanation. If you still have concerns or unaswered questions, then contact the financial company where the funds are being invested. If contributions have gone missing, they will be (or certainly should be) very concerned.

If you still have concerns after that, contact the federal Department of Labor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">