• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would I have to pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MommaDragon

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas/Oklahoma
I live in Texas. I have custody of my two girls. There is no child support order. The girls have been thinking about staying with their father, who lives in Oklahoma, for a while. Their father is on state assistance (with a wife and 4 other children). My question is: if he reports the girls as living with him, will the State of Oklahoma come to me for child support.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MommaDragon said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas/Oklahoma
I live in Texas. I have custody of my two girls. There is no child support order. The girls have been thinking about staying with their father, who lives in Oklahoma, for a while. Their father is on state assistance (with a wife and 4 other children). My question is: if he reports the girls as living with him, will the State of Oklahoma come to me for child support.

My response:

Regardless of whether the State "comes to you" for child support, were you planning on NOT supporting your children by sending money to their father for your children?

Are you saying that you NEED a person, company, agency or court to FORCE you to support your children?

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">