• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporate Card--Criminal Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chadaz

What is the name of your state?I am in Arizona, My past employer is in CO.

When I departed my company last year, my boss discovered that I had used my corporate credit card for personal charges. ( A bad move, I know.) The balance on the card at the time of departure was $10,000 approx with about $3000 being my personal charges and the rest being business expenses. After seperation from the company, I heard nothing further about the matter, until this February. I got a call from the sheriff's office in CO, where the company is located, telling me that they were asking that charges for theft and unauthorized use of a financial instrument be pressed against me.

The investigator said she would get a court date and call me in a few weeks. That was 4 months ago and I havent heard anything else. We are coming up on a year since the original police report was filed, in July of 2003. What is the statute of limitations on this? I would like to get on with my life knowing that I am not in threat of being called to jail any day. I know I made a mistake and i would like to pay the amount back without "admitting" to a crime.

Thanks for whatever help i can get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">