• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions about hiring a lawyer of paralegal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweet_caligirl

What is the name of your state? Ca..I will be starting the probate process very soon and I was wondering as far as fees go if paralegals are a lot more in expensive then lawyers and is there any diffrences in the way the process will work? Do paralegals also get paid when the probate process is done? At the end of the process I am hoping to get a home equity loan and the lawyer I have been speaking said I would be able to pay her out of that money. She also said the judge may let us change the title out of my mother's name into mine before we are actually all the way done. Do you think that is true? Also the only kind of debt that is involved is credit cards that were open probably 9 years ago. What is the chance they will come after their money? Thank you so much for any advice in advance.

Dandy Don

Paralegals only do legal research and probably would not file a probate matter on your behalf. You can do that yourself or if you need guidance through the process because it is a large estate you need to hire your own attorney. Paralegals normally charge less than an attorney but the only way you can find out their rates is to contact them directly to do a comparison.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">