• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Greed..the ugly monster

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shareon

What is the name of your state?ok i'll try & keep this simple..what if an executor intentionally neglects to list all of mom's assets on the accounting of the estate, with the intentions of getting a bigger slice of the pie for himself, i did object to the accounting but i don't return to court till oct, cuz the executors failed to show up again for the hearing & provide closing bank statements the court requested from them.
At the next hearing i'll provide the court with documentation that the executors were fully aware that these substantial assets existed prior to their accounting of mom's estate, this is a pretty dishonest act but in terms of probate court is this considered illegal? or just immoral? are there no legal consquences for their actions? i plan on filing an order to show cause to remove them & name myself as executor.
Am i forced to wait 4 months till the oct hearing date or could i get a judge to hear this issue prior to oct? cuz in 4 months they can milk that cow pretty dry & there maybe nothing left in oct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">