• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana speeding ticket/ Maryland license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mdspeeder

My twenty year old daughter got a speeding ticket (her first) in Indiana. She was charged with driving 91 mph in a 55 mile zone. (That's right. UGH.) I am looking for advice about how she should deal with the ticket. I am particularly concerned about what will happen to her Maryland license/record and our insurance rates with Geico. Should she go back to Indiana to contest the ticket? Should she simply pay the ticket? Thank you for your advice. MOM

Last edited:

lwpat

Assuming that she was charged with the basic speed law under section
IC 9-21-5-2 it will be of little benefit to return to Indiana. It is unlikely that she would be able to get the ticket dismissed and Maryland does not assess points for out of state tickets.

However I understand that the ticket will show for insurance purposes. It just depends on when they check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">