• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dissolution/taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

burgundy13

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio
In my dissolution agreement I was due to receive half of the 2003 taxes. We were suppose to get 4781 from federal and 538 from state. The government took 751 for a past debt of mine and 1196 for back child support for a child of my ex's from a previous relationship. The state took all of the 538 for the same back child support. Although I am willing to deduct my debt from my half, my ex is saying that I am responsible for the back child support also because it incurred while we were married. He is only williing to split the amount that the check was actually issued for from the federal, and give me nothing towards the state taxes because he never received a check. Am I entitled to half of the original amounts or half of what we actually was issued a check for? And if I am entitled to more than what he is willing to give should I file in small claims court or take him back for contempt?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">