• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sunnie_Daze

What is the name of your state? Mine is Minnesota, the person is in California, and he was charged in MI

what are the statute of limitations in Mi for a drug charge?

A person I know who is a horrible person was charged years ago for a drug charge. He has since moved to California and is living under an assumed name(i don't know what that is) and social security number. I mean he's totally made up a new identity. He got all of the information (birth cert, social security card) from his cousin in MI. Now is there a way that I could turn him in? I think the offense is from 1997 or 98

JETX

If charges were filed, there isn't a 'statute of limitations'.

However, if you can't provide the prosecutors with anything more than he is using some unknown name and some unknown SSN in California, your report wouldn't do much good.

S

Sunnie_Daze

JETX said:
If charges were filed, there isn't a 'statute of limitations'.

However, if you can't provide the prosecutors with anything more than he is using some unknown name and some unknown SSN in California, your report wouldn't do much good.

I mean the truth is...it's my dad

Therefore I have all of his information and his address and phone# and everything else.

I was just wondering what the statute of limitations were..

Thanks for your answer...

Also no he hasn't responded to it. He's been in prison about 3 times in Michigan since I was about 7. I looked him up on the offender locater for MI and here is the info on his probation

Current Status: Absconder from Probation Supervision Begin Date:
Absconded From: Genesee/Flint/Probation Supervision Discharge Date:
Security Level: Abscond Date: 03/28/1996

JETX

Okay, since you apparently DO have his name and location (contrary to your earlier post), it seems clear that he still has a few legal 'challenges' outstanding in Michigan. Now, the question is..... what, if anything, are you going to do with that information??

S

Sunnie_Daze

JETX said:
Okay, since you apparently DO have his name and location (contrary to your earlier post), it seems clear that he still has a few legal 'challenges' outstanding in Michigan. Now, the question is..... what, if anything, are you going to do with that information??

Well I am not going to blackmail him...tha'ts for sure he hasn't had a legitimate job since I was 16 so there is nothing I can get out of it except for the mental solace that someone who totures me every holiday, birthday and such and such and such will be behind bars where he belongs.

Shoot I guess I have had that question for a long time and I wanted it answered.

Not sure what I am going to do with the info. Probably nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">