• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get my money back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aldomares5

What is the name of your state? TEXAS
I was working for this company that sells fire protection pruducts. Going through their management training the trainee has to sell $3000 of the products. The selling is done through cold calling and door-to-door selling. I was running out of people to try to sell this products to, so I asked my manager if I could sell some products to my uncle that lives in Mexico, he said "Yes, UPS will deliver anywhere". So he purchased $1400 worth of products just so I could get done with the selling and start my office training. The order was placed on February 2nd 2004. When we went to put the order with the home office they said they weren't sure if they delivered to Mexico but they would check and get back to me. I told them that while they figured it out just to put my address on there so I could move on with my training. After this we came to an agreement that they would send the products to Mexico and I gave them my uncle's address. A month later I quit working for the company because they work as a pyramid and I did not like the way they did business. About a week ago I contacted the company to ask questions about the order, so they contacted UPS about the order and UPS called me and told me they would locate the package and call me and they said the address on the order was my address in Dallas, TX not my uncle's in Mexico, so I told them when they found the package just to return it to the company and I would make arrangements with the company about getting my money back or something. So I called the company back they said to check in the back of the recibt and it said to allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. (it has been about 15 weeks now). They also said to read on there and it stated that the only way I could cancel the order was to cancel within 3 days of the transaction, and there was NO way that I could get my money back. Since they claim to be "Gold Seal Realibility Members of the Better Business Bureau" I tried to go to the BBB and file a complaint or to get some advise, and I found out they are not currently operating under the BBB. Now I'm thinking about taking them to the small claims court to try to get my money back. My question is..................Do I have a legitimate case against this comany and a shot at getting my money back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">