• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor water runoff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bednernw

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? pa
Hope someone can give me some guidence. I live in a new part of an ongoing developement. About a year and half ago a new house was built on the lot next to us. For some reason the builder decided the house should use an undeveloped dirt road to determine the houses elevation. The new house which is 20 feet away is elevated to where their 1st floor is almost level with my second floor. In addition the surrounding lot has been elevated to a point where we now get their water runoff when it rains. Do they have an obligation to keep their runoff on their property? I spoke to the neighbors on 3 occasions but nothing has been done. I have pictures when it rains showing runoff and silt washouts in my yard. this problem has been ongoing since the neighbors occupied the house. I spoke to our township and they offered no solutions.

nextwife

Stop talking and get a RE attorney. Also inquire of your State Department of Natural Resources about regs on groundwater runoff.

HomeGuru

bednernw said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? pa
Hope someone can give me some guidence. I live in a new part of an ongoing developement. About a year and half ago a new house was built on the lot next to us. For some reason the builder decided the house should use an undeveloped dirt road to determine the houses elevation. The new house which is 20 feet away is elevated to where their 1st floor is almost level with my second floor. In addition the surrounding lot has been elevated to a point where we now get their water runoff when it rains. Do they have an obligation to keep their runoff on their property? I spoke to the neighbors on 3 occasions but nothing has been done. I have pictures when it rains showing runoff and silt washouts in my yard. this problem has been ongoing since the neighbors occupied the house. I spoke to our township and they offered no solutions.
**A: call the building department and a civil engineer to inspect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">