• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ok, I'll try again . . .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kiki1955

What is the name of your state? NC

OK, my son goes to court on Thursday. He's charged with assault on a female (his x-girlfriend/roommate). They got in an argument and she bit him several times so he slapped her. Police took her to jail that night as she was the aggressor. They were both sited - her for assault and him for assault on a female. X-girlfriend got 6 weeks anger management and at the completion they will dismiss charges and she can have her record expunged (she is 18, my son is 19). He thinks he can have this expunged and he hasn't told his attorney he already had an expungement when he was 17. Is he correct? Does anyone know if you can have an expungement as a juvenile and again as an adult? He already knows he will deserve what he gets but I'm trying to convence him before Thursday that he needs to talk to the attorney about this and not listen to whoever is giving him this bad advice. Thanks.

stephenk

your son is putting his attorney in a bad position. when your son's attorney goes to court to argue on behalf of your son, he will unpleasantly surprised when the prosecutor tells him your son already had a prior conviction and he is a repeat offender.

Tell your son he isnt fooling anyone by hiding this information from his attorney.

K

Kiki1955

Thank you. That's what I've been trying to tell him.

BTW, your signaure line - Monty Python.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">