• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support From Grandparents???!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tammsmu

My grandmother in New Jersey has been paying the rent and other expenses for her grandchildren living with their parents (her son and daughter in law) in Washington (State). Recently the two seperated and are likely headed for devorce.

Could my grandmother be held liable for any child support? (She is not a legal guadian of either child, but with her son and daughter-in-law unemployed she has paid many of their expenses for the past few years.)

Thank you to anyone who responds to this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tammsmu said:
My grandmother in New Jersey has been paying the rent and other expenses for her grandchildren living with their parents (her son and daughter in law) in Washington (State). Recently the two seperated and are likely headed for devorce.

Could my grandmother be held liable for any child support? (She is not a legal guadian of either child, but with her son and daughter-in-law unemployed she has paid many of their expenses for the past few years.)

Thank you to anyone who responds to this?

My response:

No.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">