• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor not Reporting Correctly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joe888

What is the name of your state? Texas
:cool: Joe Jeff and Jack problems again lol. three brothers -- equal heirs in estate.

Jeff is executor, but hasn't been reporting the details of disbursements, sales of stocks etc. I had an attorney ask for a formal accounting a while back and got a document that was less than perfect, showing loans to Jack and not showing when they were paid off, basically I have total reason to believe that I have been ripped off, assuredly by Jeff and possibly by Jack. I don't have a lot of money to afford attorneys is the problem... I have a family. I am younger and more passive. ( the nice one ) However I definitely want to stand up for what is mine. I am getting a new lawyer, if they find that money was mishandled or that there was unreported loans, disbursements, or any other funny business, what is my recourse ??

Dandy Don

Were the loans made before the decedent died or after?

You should be asking your new attorney about this, including asking the court to require an executor's bond be posted.

J

Joe888

There were loans both before and after the decedent died. It is unclear as to when and if they were all paid back.

What is an executor bond? (nevermind I will look it up) :cool:

Should I refrain from selling off property in case I need to collect from either of them? If the court found that the executor withheld money or that the other brother didn't pay back loans, could the court sieze undistributed property as payment to me?

Dandy Don

The courthouse office can tell you about executor's bonds. You are being a bit premature with the what-if questions--you should wait until you find out what the actual situation is and then ask appropriate questions.

S

shareon

joe

Hi joe. I'm experiencing my own nightmare on elm street but i do know since i live in calif as did my mother who passed away, the court ordered my sister a AZ resident to put up a $135.00 bond. I believe this is to ensure she won't run off with the money..i would pursue the bond issue if i were you..
Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">