• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor from hrll

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Elay

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

:mad: We are building a new home in NJ. Neighbor who used our lot for free for many years, tried everything possible to ensure we did not build. Ended costing us lots of money to get legal counsel to obtain permits mainly because of her complaints.
We have noticed her white picket fence is about a foot on our property, and a pipe from her house goes into a brook on my property. What are my rights? What will I require to make / prove my case?

Thanks

FarmerJ

HINT call your city & county offices to learn if the neighbor has a septic system and if so what year it was installed . also check and see if sump pumps in your city required permits . what you want to see if if you can learn if the drain pipe from the neighbors home is legal . THEN go use the links up top to locate a real estate atty in your area who can review yoru surveyors documents and write up for you a letter to address the fence and the pipe to the neighbors house . Your city /county may make them stop the drainage if they deem it illegal . Also learn if your city /county has any local ordinances that say that a homeowner cannot run drainage water onto a neighbors lot .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">