• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjs mom

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I need help. I let my 15year old go stay with his father in Virginia.
His name is not on the birth certificate and he has not supported him.
He says he has proven parternity also. I involved social services and when
they contacted him last week he told them he didnt have to show the
parternity test, that he has the boy and wont return him to me. He has turned my son against me because I finally am going after him for support.
When I called the police they advised I would need court papers to go get him in virginia. I have no idea what to do any advise

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

How long ago did you send your son to stay with his father?

cjs mom

six months I gave him a notarized temporay guardian ship letter that was dated thru the first of june. He was suppose to come back Wednesday.

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

The notarized agreement means nothing. It's not a legal document. Where you screwed up was leaving him there for 6 months. He's been there long enough to establish residency and Missouri no longer has jurisdiction. If he has filed for custody there then you best be hiring a lawyer.

You can't file for child support when you don't have custody of your son (especially for 6 months). I'm not even sure how you managed to do that.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">