• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tinted window citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Valenti56

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
My son just got a 130.00 fine for having his car windows tinted too heavily.
We bought the car for him over a year ago and it has over 131,000 miles on it.......not sure how long the tinting has been on the windows, but we didn't put it on..............he was driving at 130am in the morning and was pulled over. I feel like he was being targeted for a potential drunk driving or possession of drugs or not wearing a seat belt..........he has an "arrest me red" small car and is a teenager! I am really mad that he got the ticket-since it obviously hasn't been a problem to have the tinting on the car for a long time prior to his being pulled over, I think the cop should have given him a warning and not such an excessive fine. When he goes to discuss the ticket with a hearing officer what should my son say in his defense?
Thanks.
Must have been a slow crime night in our city that nite!!!!!

n_and

When he goes to discuss the ticket with a hearing officer what should my son say in his defense?
What do you think? There is a certain legal percentage of light that must pass through tint if you choose to put it on your windows. Obviously, the tint on his car is too dark.

I think the cop should have given him a warning and not such an excessive fine.
Maybe he should have, but he didn't. It was your son's responsibility to make sure the tint was legal. He didn't, ergo, he was cited.

Pay the fine, get rid of the tint, and Good luck.

CdwJava

Valenti56 said:
One of the best ways to catch wanted criminals and solve crimes is on traffic stops and pedestrian contacts for "nothing" offenses. Far more wanted suspects are arrested on traffic stops then in all the warrant sweeps in the nation.

And occasionally, to avoid the accusation of "You just stopped me, because ...." we have to actually cite people for the minor offenses now and again. And tinted windows CAN be a hazard for a number of reasons. Granted its not a big offense, but it is one that the owner has control over.

Carl

F

Fire300zxtt

Valenti56 said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota
My son just got a 130.00 fine for having his car windows tinted too heavily.
We bought the car for him over a year ago and it has over 131,000 miles on it.......not sure how long the tinting has been on the windows, but we didn't put it on..............he was driving at 130am in the morning and was pulled over. I feel like he was being targeted for a potential drunk driving or possession of drugs or not wearing a seat belt..........he has an "arrest me red" small car and is a teenager! I am really mad that he got the ticket-since it obviously hasn't been a problem to have the tinting on the car for a long time prior to his being pulled over, I think the cop should have given him a warning and not such an excessive fine. When he goes to discuss the ticket with a hearing officer what should my son say in his defense?
Thanks.

I do not know about MN law, but in california, if you get pulled over for tint for the first time you can peel it off and go to the officer and he will get rid of the ticket....and hence, no more fine.. find out if you can!

You Are Guilty

Fire300zxtt said:
I do not know about MN law, but in california, if you get pulled over for tint for the first time you can peel it off and go to the officer and he will get rid of the ticket....and hence, no more fine.. find out if you can!
And on Mars, if you shoot daises out your ass, you can get off any speeding ticket!

You might want to quit hitting the "water" bottles before giving advice in the future...

CdwJava

Fire300zxtt said:
Well IF the CA officer marked the violation as a correctable offense, he MIGHT CHOOSE to sign the correction, but he could not void it out. Since its a fix-it ticket the 'suspect' might still be liable for court fees.

Carl

F

Fire300zxtt

You Are Guilty said:
And on Mars, if you shoot daises out your ass, you can get off any speeding ticket!

You might want to quit hitting the "water" bottles before giving advice in the future...

Replies like this, from dickface. Are really nothing new. The internet is a haven for **** talking loudmouths who have nothing better to do than bash other people on their posts. Get real and dont talk **** unless it's in person, unless you want to get your jaw broken and get side-kicked and sent into a cartwheel down a flight of stairs.

grow up you piece of **** keyboard warrior.

You Are Guilty

Fire300zxtt said:
Replies like this, from dickface. Are really nothing new. The internet is a haven for **** talking loudmouths who have nothing better to do than bash other people on their posts. Get real and dont talk **** unless it's in person, unless you want to get your jaw broken and get side-kicked and sent into a cartwheel down a flight of stairs.

Spoken like a true lady. Your eloquent prose and delighful alliterations remind me of a young T.S. Eliot. However, you do differ in one important aspect - unlike you, Ole T.S. (as we liked to call him) knew the meaning of this word:

Main Entry: hy·poc·ri·sy
Pronunciation: hi-'pä-kr&-sE also hI-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -sies
Etymology: Middle English ypocrisie, from Old French, from Late Latin hypocrisis, from Greek hypokrisis act of playing a part on the stage, hypocrisy, from hypokrinesthai to answer, act on the stage, from hypo- + krinein to decide -- more at CERTAIN
1 : a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion
2 : an act or instance of hypocrisy

HomeGuru

Fire300zxtt said:

**A: Post id#578856 captured for reference.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">