• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beneficiaries interfering with business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

co-executor

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?NY
There are 8 siblings/beneficiaries, including me. I am the executor. I am having moderate trouble with 2 siblings. In previous months one of my siblings wrote and called the lawyer with unreasonable requests for information about my personal property and some joint tenancy assets. The lawyer informed me of these circumstances and I disclosed information as per the request, just to keep the peace. Now this sibling is interfering with my business relationship with the realtor. I am in the process of negotiating offers on a house. During this process my sibling has called and verbally harassed my agent regarding a recent counter offer. The agent is not going to accept any more phone calls from this sibling. I am concerned that thie controversy from family memebers can make selling the property more difficult. Is there anything that I can do (past calling the sibing and asking them not to do this) to protect the interest of the estate and discourage this sibling from causing any more problems with the lawyer and the estate business?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">