• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My stepmother rights, threaten by brother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state Arkansas? I have another important question.
My father died last year in 23 March 2004. I went back to my father funeral and learn I was cut from my father funeral. I was never was told that I was cut from my father WILL. In my father Testament, the FARM is about 118 acres. My brother theaten my life and kill me if I did'nt leave his farm. My question. My stepmother was forces off my father farm in May 2004 by my brother David. My stepmother had a SUBJECT TO A LIFE ESTATE IN FAVOR or my stepmother. In all of my real state in hereby given to my brother. My stepmother is now living in Oklahoma with her Daughter because she was scared to death of my brother. Dorothy thought her only rights was to live in the house until she dies. Dorothy married my father in 2 July 1973 and lived on the farm until my father died. My father died the Testament in 13 January 1999. But I think my stepmother have 50% of the property since they was married almost 30 years. I think my stepmother have a statutory share of 50%. tHERE IS NO STATUE GRANTING THE SURVIVING spouse the right to take on elective share. The surviving spouse has the right to take against the will if the marriage has been one year or longer. But there is a problem with this. My father and my mother did a Mortgage or a loan on the farm in 30 June 2001 to help my brother David to get out of debt from my brother divorce. My brother is making the payment of $550 dollors each month to pay the farm off. My question, since my stepmother signed the loan, ain't she not have 50% of the farm. I hope that someone can help me with this matter. thank you Kirby DIckey

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">