• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chseg

What is the name of your state? Texas

Is it legal to put in the divorce decree that no female friends of the ex husband are to be around their children and what can be done if the ex-wife is telling their child that she needs to dial 911 if any of his female friends come over?

?????

nextwife

You want to tie up EMERGANCY response lines if your ex happens to have a female non-relative at the house? Are you nuts? 911 is only for REAL emergancies, even my 6 year old knows that.

C

chseg

Exactly! Can you believe this retard telling her 6 year old to do that? Somebody needs psychological help.

nextwife

Well I hope he doen't have a final decree where he AGREED to this. Is it still pending?

Anyway, I'd suggest he arrange a little visit to the local PD or Fire station. Might be useful to have an officer talk to the child about 911 and how important it is to keep the lines free for emergancies. Might have a LOT of weight coming from a police officer or fireman.

C

chseg

No! He has not signed it and his lawyer told him that he did not recommend him doing so. Thank God! I will tell him about him taking his daughter to the local fire department or to talk to a police officer.

Thank you

T

truedjrfan

you may put in the divorce that no girl friends or friends period, can spend the night while the children are present. that does not include visiting. and that neither party will have a live in (not Married). but calling 911 is crazy. get a life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">