• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deferment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Averad

What state? Oregon and Washington

If you receive a deferment in one state and get a ticket in another state are you able to take another deferment? I revised a failure to stop at a stop sign ticket (didn’t do a complete stop) and now have a accident illegal left turn ticket. Because they’re in separate states can I take a deferment?

I havent asked the court yet figured I would ask here 1st.

A

Averad

Home state washington receved a deferment in washington looking to defer in oregon.

lwpat

I know Washington allows a deferment but I am not sure about Oregon. Call the clerk of court and ask.

lwpat

What did the clerk of court say when you called and asked if you were eligible for the deferment?

JETX

Most states do NOT allow deferment of a citation that resulted in an accident and damage to property, since the criminal finding can be used in civil court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">