• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to show drivers licence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mito57

What is the name of your state?Indiana.
I think this is nothig. A cop stopped me for speeding. He was going to give me a verbal warning but I couldn't find my drivers licence, so he gave a ticket for not having it.
I have to go to court in 3 weeks. Today I got a letter to voluntarely pay the ticket and if I do so the ticket will be dismissed and no record will be noted in my file. The question is: if I go to court and show mi drivers licence, will I have to pay the ticket? Will be a record of this violation be noted in my file? :confused:
Thanks in advance.

lwpat

You are reuired to have your license in your possession while driving. Most courts will dismiss this charge if you present a license that was valid at the time you received the ticket.

It is not a moving violation so if will have no effect on your record as far as points or insurance are concerned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">