• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Access needed to repair block wall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DavidAAkins

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, California

My property is elevated (approx. 6 ft.) above my neighbor's, with a block retaining wall on my property. My neighbor's driveway is parallel to the wall. The wall has failed at the rear corner, and blocks have fallen onto my neighbor's driveway (without damaging anything). I'm in the process of selling my home, and need to repair the block wall. The work can't be done from my side, but my neighbor won't allow the workmen to come onto his property to do the repairs. He says the wall needs to be inspected by a city or county agency to determine whether it is repairable, or needs to be replaced. I called the police, but they said there was nothing they could do for me.

What are my options?

HomeGuru

DavidAAkins said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, California

My property is elevated (approx. 6 ft.) above my neighbor's, with a block retaining wall on my property. My neighbor's driveway is parallel to the wall. The wall has failed at the rear corner, and blocks have fallen onto my neighbor's driveway (without damaging anything). I'm in the process of selling my home, and need to repair the block wall. The work can't be done from my side, but my neighbor won't allow the workmen to come onto his property to do the repairs. He says the wall needs to be inspected by a city or county agency to determine whether it is repairable, or needs to be replaced. I called the police, but they said there was nothing they could do for me.

What are my options?
**A: then go see a real esatte attorney. By law, the neighbor must permit you to mitigate damages and that would be considered a legal trespass.
By the way, why have you not contacted the building department for an inspection as the neighbor requested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">