• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal agreement nightmare... need advice badly!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eviltom

What is the name of your state? PA

Okay, so here is the situation in short...

Took out a loan in my name for the amount of 7.5 thousand, under the verbal agreement with someone that they would pay the monthly fee's until the entire loan is paid off.

After about 2 payments have been made by that person, that person has decided to stiff me with the loan. Avoiding my phone calls and disregarding my emails.

What I DO have as something of proof of our verbal agreement, are some emails in which she clearly states that she is paying the loan. I can also contact the loan company and get a copy of the checks SHE sent in as further proof that she had agreed to pay the loan.

I also know where she lives, so the issue with getting her a summons to court is not an issue. If she moves, I know her SS number as well. I can track her down.

What do you think my chances are of taking this up in small claims court? I looked online and the amount she owes me barely meets the requirement for small claims court in PA.

Any advice would be appreciated GREATLY. Thank you.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Have you ever rolled a pair of dice?

As you walk through the courthouse doors, just repeat to yourself - - "C'mon, baby needs a new pair of shoes!"

IAAL

E

eviltom

hahaha! yeah, i know its a gamble, but thats a lot of money! almost 8 thousand! I figure that the cost to take this to small claims would not even come close to the amount she owes me. May as well go for it.

Anyone's opinion on my chances?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

eviltom said:
Anyone's opinion on my chances?

My response:

I already told you your chances. All you can do is take your evidence and show it to the judge. All you can do is try. That's rolling the dice!

If you want "odds", then call a bookie.

IAAL

E

eviltom

hmm. thanks for your opinion. was kinda hoping for other opinions as well

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

eviltom said:
hmm. thanks for your opinion. was kinda hoping for other opinions as well

My response:

You're welcome to other opinions, and you may get other opinions. I just don't see, from a legal standpoint, how anyone can give you something different.

We haven't seen your evidence (only a bare bones description) and we aren't privy to any of her defenses. Therefore, it's a "shot in the dark". Whenever I go into trial, even if I believe I have everything to prove my case, it's always a crapshoot.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">