• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terrible Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tomar2100

What is the name of your state?FL

Hi I have a question regarding my lawyer. I was in an auto accident 3 yrs ago while I was living in Mn. At the beginning of the month I recieved an offer to settle which I told my lawer (whom is in Mn) to accept, but that he needed to make sure that all of my medical bills were paid first. He told me all my bills had been paid and i would have my check in the next week. Well I put in my notice to move at my apartment because we were going to use the $ to get into a house. I was supposed to have the $ last week and i have been trying to reach my lawer every day calling constantly, but he wont call me back. I did speak to his assistant and she told me that a bunch of medical bills were not paid and there is a lien against my check. I am supposed to be out of my apt on the 30th and have no where to go. I cant get my lawyer to call me back, and i dont know what to do.

Hello from MN.
First of all start making those calls person to person so you don't continue to
accrue Phone Company Debt!! :eek: (He knows by now that you are trying to reach him.)
Write a letter and ask for a copy of the lien information. You may need, or like, to know who has a lien on your money and then find out if you can do anything about that. Ask in your letter Or on the phone if the Attorney calls you. You should also give them your new address so your mail won't get lost or returned. OR put in a change of address with the Post Office. Have you any relatives or friends you can stay with temporarily? If not, you may have to look for (emergency shelter) through your County or something similar to (displaced housing.) If this is the case you may need to get a P.O. box and place that info. as your (Change of Address) At the Post Office And with your Attorney. Good Luck to You ~Mary~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">