• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking Citations - Statute of Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigraynsd

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

I received a notice from the Office of City Treasurer Collection Division telling me that I have 4 outstanding parking tickets from as far back as '93 to '97.

Now, I received a call a week earlier to pay the smaller ones which came out to $43.53. No biggy on those but when they send me the whole itemized bill I saw the ticket from '93 that it was $66.47 and with $131.93 interest totaling to $209.40.

Now, I went thru my paper work from years past and I found that I had paid the smaller ones already thru the DMV when I was registering my car for that year.

I can't find the receipt for the bigger one but if they got the smaller ones wrong within their system what makes me think that they don't have the bigger ticket wrong too. I could have paid that thru the DMV also. I just don't remember it nor have the paperwork for it.

So, what is the statue of limitations for parking citations in San Diego, CA?
Anybody know?

CdwJava

I'm not an attorney, but my guess is that no record of the original offense extends that far back. Plus, I would think the SOL for a civil action against you would have already passed. If they wished to take action, they could have contacted the DMV for all of them.

You might ask to contest the citation ... but, that MIGHT somehow allow for the cite to be resurrected.

It's a quandry.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">