• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I sold a business but buyer isn't paying.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yourplaceormine

California Laws Apply.

I sold my small weekly newspaper to another newspaper. The advantage for the buyer was that it gave him adjudication rights.

The buyer was told that since he has paid over two thirds of the amount he owes that he is the primary owner of the business. So now he has decided not to pay for the rest of the business.

Can I forclose on the load and take the business back?

John Patrick

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

yourplaceormine said:
California Laws Apply.

I sold my small weekly newspaper to another newspaper. The advantage for the buyer was that it gave him adjudication rights.

MY RESPONSE: What? What are "adjudication rights"?

The buyer was told that since he has paid over two thirds of the amount he owes that he is the primary owner of the business.

MY RESPONSE: Okay. If that was the deal between the buyer and his partners, seems like a legitimate decision to me.

So now he has decided not to pay for the rest of the business.

MY RESPONSE: That's a conclusion. You never mentioned "why" this decision was made by him; i.e., Why has he decided to breach your contract?

Can I forclose on the load and take the business back?

MY RESPONSE: I have no idea. What does your written contract say in this regard?

By the way . . . were you the writer and / or editor for the newspaper?

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">