• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

firing my lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karcie

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?mass.

My Dad past away 7 years ago,I am the executor of the estate. My lawyer has yet to finish closing out his estate.. How do I go about firing her. Is a phone call enough and how long do she have to return my paper work?
Thank you, Karcie

Sounds like Attorney Incompetence

karcie said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?mass.

My Dad past away 7 years ago,I am the executor of the estate. My lawyer has yet to finish closing out his estate.. How do I go about firing her. Is a phone call enough and how long do she have to return my paper work?
Thank you, Karcie
Hi from Minnesota
WOW what a long time! Usually 1-5 years here depending on what is involved. You have sent him/her paperwork and are you sure he/she has it? What kind of paperwork? NO, a phone call is not enough because this attorney will still charge you for what has already been done and even for the phone call. It would be your word against the attorney's word on the firing so you need something in writing, notorized, AND mailed certified mail to that person ONLY With a return receipt that it was actually signed for. BEFORE you do this Call the STATE (Board of Attorney's) to see about filing a complaint (and keep a copy filed for yourself.)
Also ask them if there is a statute of limitations on estate filing by an Attorney. If you get nowhere with them call YOUR Attorney General. You may
get advice from ther office AND OR file a complaint with him/her. This is what
they are there for, FOR YOU. They can send you a complaint form and make a
copy for yourself before you send it back. Good Luck ~MARY~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">